Become a teacher
Thinking of becoming a teacher?
Why not train with us, the top performing provider in England.
Billericay School Centred Initial Teacher Training
The Good Teacher Training Guide assessment of Initial Teacher Training in the UK named BEC as the top performing primary provider in the country.
Elmwood Primary School is very proud to be partnered with the Billericay Educational Consortium.
As a partnership school we provide a number of graduate students each year with teacher training positions.
Our Headteacher designs several of the course modules and delivers lectures for the course in both child development and early years education.
BEC was named the top quality primary provider of Initial Teacher Training in Essex for 2013, 2012, 2011 and 2009 and was the only provider in Essex to be awarded an OUTSTANDING grade by Ofsted initially in 2010 and again in 2014.
- Extensive experience as an initial teacher training provider of 23 years rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted.
- A partnership of 50 schools offering diverse settings to provide you with the knowledge and experience to deal with
the many different types of challenges you will face.
- Pre-course induction following the interview day to fully prepare you for the course
Experience in a school setting from the very start of your training developing you as a well rounded teaching
- Engaging workshops delivered by outstanding practicing teachers providing a wealth of resources to inspire pupils.
- Experienced school mentors providing excellent guidance and support tailored to your specific needs to gain
Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
- Opportunities to experience different learning environments within the training year including Early Years, Special
Schools, Pupil Referral Unit and schools with a large percentage of pupils with English as an additional language.
- In addition to QTS, working in partnership with University College London (UCL) to gain a Post Graduate Certificate
in Education academic award (60 Master credits)